When it comes to paver installation, you need to be sure that you are doing everything right the first time around. Do-overs are a hassle, not to mention expensive due to the fact that you might need to start over from scratch, and will have wasted a lot of materials. So you need to make sure that you are avoiding these common paver installation mistakes.
1) Not knowing what your pavers look like before they arrive at your home. You should know exactly how your pavers are going to look when they get installed in your yard. If you don’t know what your pavers look or feel like, then you won’t know if they fit with your landscaping design. This is one of the most important things to consider when installing pavers.
2) Failing to properly prepare the area where your pavers will be placed. The ground needs to be prepared so that there isn’t any loose dirt or rocks that could cause problems during the installation process. Also, the soil needs to be compacted so that water can drain away easily.
3) Choosing an inappropriate type of pavers for your project. There are many different types of pavers available on the market today. Some of them are more durable than others. It is very important to choose the right kind of pavers for your landscape project.
4) Using too much mortar. A good rule of thumb is to use about 1/3 of the amount of cement used by the manufacturer. Too much mortar can lead to cracking and other issues.
5) Failing to install your pavers correctly. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully and pay attention to every detail.
6) Installing your pavers incorrectly. For example, if you are using a slope instead of level pavers, this can create major problems down the road.
7) Not having enough space between your pavers. If you don‘t leave enough room between each row of pavers, then you may end up with some serious drainage problems later on.
8) Not allowing enough time for your pavers to dry. Once your pavers have been laid out, you need to allow them to dry completely before you begin working on them.
9) Forgetting to apply sealer after laying your pavers. Sealing your pavers helps protect them against moisture and insects.
10) Not checking your work often enough. If you aren’t constantly monitoring your pavers, then you could run into problems later on.
11) Making changes to your pavers without consulting a professional. Changing your pavers once they have already been installed can be extremely difficult and costly.
Last but not the least – not getting proper advice from a professional. Before you do anything else, you should always consult a professional who has experience with pavers. They can help you avoid making mistakes and save you money as well. And when it come to Bermuda Dunes, California your best option when it comes to professional pavers is Water Wise Landscape. We are experts in our field and we offer top quality services at affordable prices. Contact us today!